30/05/2008

Search for the Fairey Barracuda MK 2




I am in Crieff, Scotland with my dad searching for the wreck and crash site of his Uncle David's (who was only 20 years old) Fairey Barracuda which went down on May the 28th 1944 with the loss of all three lives onboard - we managed to make contact with an amazing guy, Iain the gillie on the Glen Turret estate, he kindly drove us to the location and afterwards primed us with Famous Grouse and great stories in the 'Beater's Bothy' today we climb up Ben Chonzie to try and retrieve some of the plane -

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I was randomly typing words into Google tonight and came across your blog when I was looking up stuff for "Glenturret Estate". I had to register to say that Ian's my dad, the guy who took you out onto the estate. I showed him your blog and he remembers that day very well. He wanted me to ask if you ever did find any remains of the plane?

Jay Seldon said...

Wow - I too ran a random search for Glenturret & stumbled onto this.
What an amazing story. Its really touching.
I know Iain, as my father lives at Glenturret Estate for a fair amount of the year. I've shot with Iain a few times and have to say what fantastic chap he is.
Love to know more of the story about the wreckage.